Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Recent Eats

I just returned today from a 3-day weekend.  It was incredibly relaxing - in fact, so relaxing that I failed to get to the grocery store to stock up on real food.  For better or for worse, here are some of my latest (and some noticeably store-bought) eats:


Plain yogurt + high fiber cereal + fruit + a drizzle of honey = addicting snack


Since I recently caught spring fever, I guess I decided it was officially time for iced coffee drinks.  I can't get enough of these fraps - mocha as well as my all-time favorite, java chip.


Thai tea.  I tried this drink over the weekend at House of Asian in Forest City and it was delicious.  On a base level, it tasted like sweet tea with cream, but there must have been some other spices in it that gave it that X-factor. 


I bought this meal replacement bar at a local coffee shop.  They're made in Boone (see parrfoods.com) so I thought I'd support some "local" business.  I tried my mocha white chocolate cherry variety this morning and boy was it filling.  They're much softer than other bars of their kind, and this one tasted a little spicy, too. 


I enjoyed it with a mug of Trader Joe's mango black tea.  As you can see, this was an on-the-go type of breakfast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment