Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sweet Eats & Reads

Happy Valentine's Weekend!  My weekend kicked off with a surprise in my mailbox yesterday - chocolate! 


Every year, my dad makes sure each of his "girls" gets a box of chocolates for Valentine's Day, even though we have spread out across different states over the years.  I love all chocolate, but I always try to guess which one is coconut, my all-time favorite.  It's reliably covered in dark chocolate, but sometimes it's in a circular shape and sometimes in log form.  Well, it took about 4 or 5 tries to find the jackpot this year.


This morning, per my recent inability to sleep in on weekends, I got up before 8 for a run/walk around the neighborhood.  The cheery sunshine outside was deceiving - it was below freezing. 

I came home and whipped up another green monster smoothie.  My almond butter jar was nearly empty, so I used natural peanut butter instead.  It was almost just as tasty.  Now it's time for a relaxing Saturday morning with my other surprise from yesterday - the March issue of Whole Living! 

Life Is Good

1 comment: